- Driven to Improve -


Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A new prop for my character

Spring 08
Maya 8.0
Photoshop CS3
Here is my new prop for my character-Tobot. I had one, and I updated to my blog a week ago, I deleted it. I found out that I didn't really like it. The more I looked at the previous one the more I dislike it. So, I decided to make a new one, and HERE IT IS!
Modeling, texturing and design are better than the previous one. Additionally, I used photoshop to paint some of the textures to make my new model more real and heavy.
Anyways, enjoy what I got so far, and give me some comments.


-img 01- new model

-img 02- side rendering

-img 03- split into two swords


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cool~

KiJeon Nam said...

Hey, Howard,

As "your baby" stated above, cool stuff. =) I'm not quite sure I see the material displacement in your new sword renders that you were talking about; They seem fine to me... guess you'll have to explicitly point them out.

Hmm... I want one of these. How much are you selling them for? =P BTW, keep up the good work. ;)

corinne said...

Nice job! I think the new model is a definite improvement. The design is cleaner and reads as a sword better. I think the only constructive comment I can think of is to add more imperfections and to dirty up the sword more if it’s been used.

Keep posting, I wanna see more :3 .