- Driven to Improve -


Friday, May 9, 2008

My Environment - Tolian

Spring 08
Maya 8.0
Finals are coming, I finally finished texturing everything in the scene. The whole concept was based on a final project that I worked on in intro class. I always wanted to make it better. Actually, I have been working on this model since last semester. I kind of stooped for a while and then started modeling again. I learned a lot through the process and also learned a lot this semester when I am in the 3d modeling class. Therefore, the model itself had been refined and refined.
The texturing for the ground gave me a lot of trouble because I wanted to make it look realistic. I also used a new technique I learned, which is environment fog for this project. It gave the whole scene a different feeling which I like it a lot.
Eventually, I think I'm okay with what I got so far.







Please leave me some comments and help me improve my skills. Thank you all!

3 comments:

KiJeon Nam said...

Hey, Howard,

This looks quite awesome. Looks like something out of a CG movie clip. That fog is definitely cool. I could almost see tiny spaceships buzzing around the scene shooting at each other. I gotta learn some of these things from you, haha. Keep it up! =)

Jadyn Ngo said...

Hi Howard,

Thank you for the comment. Your environment looks fantastic! I agree with Kijeon, it looks like something you would see in a Sci-Fi movie. Super cool! =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Howard.
Wow man. Your environment looks great. I don't think it looks pale at all. It's just the right saturation and it definitely gave me the feeling it was in the desert like you wanted it to. I don't think you need to change anything,
Good job man!