- Driven to Improve -


Friday, May 16, 2008

Tobot - Texturing and Lighting

Spring 08
Maya 8.0
Photoshop CS3
-------
This is my first 3d character design. Modeling in maya, texturing in photoshop. This is also my first time texturing in photoshop. I didn't really try digital painting before; therefore, I found some realistic metal texture online, changed the color(original one was gray.) Then, I used burn tool and dodge tool to make the metal parts look old and put bump map on every single surface on my character. Additionally, I added some white stripe on armors, which looks kinda cool.
I also played around the lighting and render options. It took a while to render these pictures.
Even though the rusty texture isn't what I really want it to be, I still like it.
Anyways, enjoy them!





5 comments:

EricWu said...

This model looks awesome. I really like all the subtle detail in the texture.
It will be very interesting to see it animated with the wheels as it's feet.

KiJeon Nam said...

Hey, Howard,

Your Tobot came out pretty good. The rusty, metal texture looks pretty good, too. I still don't like it leaning forward, but you could fix that when you animate it. =P I do notice that the helmet is empty. Guess you didn't get around to finishing up Tofu, eh? Anyways, great job... way better texturing than what I did for mine. I should really, really retexture mine soon. xP

jenfuj said...

this rocks my socks. :) great job!

Jadyn Ngo said...

Oh wow, your character looks really good! You did an amazing job at modeling and texturing the character. I love the foggy atmosphere and the lighting as well.

salim ramirez said...

Hey howard!!!!

This robot is awesome, you did a pretty good job man.