- Driven to Improve -


Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Human Head Modeling

Fall 08
Maya 8.0
-------
Here is my first human head modeling. I guess it looks all right. This is my girl friend, Ashley's head. She volunteer to be modeled.
Overall, modeling a human head isn't really hard. The hard part was getting the detail on the face and apply on the model, and at the same time keep the grid as clean as possible. Ear was the most difficult part, because I had to model it first and try to connect it with the head. They shared different amount of edge borders, I had to tried not to add unnecessary details when I connect them.
The parts that I really like are the nose and the ears. I think they are the most successful parts in this head modeling project.





3 comments:

Willy said...

Nice job Howard. Wireframe is very clean, and the rander looks so nice. How did you get the ear to look shiny?
The JiouFen is crazy. How much time did you spend on that?

Howard Cheng said...

To WIlly:
The shiny parts on the ear is because that part is kind sharp.
The JiouFen one, I start working on it since the beginning of this semester. I still got a lot of things to model though. It's a project of my special study class.
And, thx for the comment. I'm glad you came to see my stuff.
Haha.
Keep in touch!

corinne said...

Turned out really good, I'm especially liking how the ear turned out :D .